This super-easy macadamia brittle has the perfect marriage of sweet and salt with just enough chocolate to create perfection. With only one net carb, it’s also the keto dieter’s new best friend.
1/4 cup salted butter
1/3 cup golden Erythritol
1 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
Sea salt flakes to taste
- Chop the macadamia nuts and set aside.
- Line a 9X9 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the butter. When it melts, add the golden erythritol and the cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the chopped macadamia nuts and turn up the heat a little.
- When the mixture starts to boil again, set your timer for two minutes and stir constantly. The mixture should thicken and darken a bit. My stove takes about 2 minutes and 15 seconds (you don’t want .the mixture to start smoking and set off your fire alarms).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and use the wooden spoon to spread the nuts around.
- Sprinkle the sugar-free chocolate chips on top, and use the wooden spoon to press them into the brittle.
- Wait another minute and sprinkle the sea salt flakes on top.
- Let cool completely and break into 12 pieces.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Keto-friendly